You spent all this time generating leads and getting them into your funnel; now what? Nurture them with consumable content!
How to Create Consumable Content
As a Digital Marketing Agency, we get asked all the time, “how do we create great content?” There is an enormous amount of great content out there, but the question is this–is it consumable content?
We all want to create content that others read, like, and share.
What is consumable content?
To sum it up, it’s information or experiences expressed in a consumable format, blogs, emails, social media, videos, and more.
To create consumable content, you must have a deep understanding of your audience. Put yourself in their shoes and think about what you would want to consume.
Consider if your content is:
- Easy to consume
- Visually pleasing
Why do you want to create consumable content?
Your goal is to get your audience to subscribe to your content, opt into your email list, and share your articles with other readers. From there, you want to nurture your audience, so the opt-ins turn into opportunities, leads, and sales.
You can read more about how to Stop Creating Boring Content here.
Follow the Process for Great Content
First, you are not going to create something new (unless you develop time travel). Chances are what you want to say has already been said or written, so do your research and find creative ways to relate it to your brand or business.
Second, reuse, repurpose, and recycle. You might have an article, white paper, or testimonial that you can freshen up and repost.
- Turn a blog post into a video or podcast
- Create a case study from existing articles
- Share micro-content on social media
- Create a slideshow or infographic
- Generate a How-to guide or E-book
- Create a Webinar
- Create an FAQ
Third, make sure your content is SEO friendly and searchable by showing up with expertise, authority, and trustworthiness.
- Use headlines and subheaders
- Focus on keywords & keyphrases
- Add internal links to previous posts
- Include external links to authoritative articles
- Optimize images
- Optimize for mobile
- Include a featured snippet
- Include key takeaways
Tell A Story
Let’s face it; we all have short attention spans that last about 8 seconds. So, one of the best ways to continue to engage and captivate your audience is to tell a story. Make your client the hero of the story and guide them through your content by explaining how you help them get what they want or need.
You can find content ideas all over the place.
- Google it! Type in top challenges facing “your customer.” Your research will produce pain points, problems, and obstacles.
- Keywords Everywhere will give you further topics to explore.
- Answer The Public allows you to type in topics for ideas.
- BuzzSumo will give you ideas of what topics are creating the most “buzz.”
- Never lose sight of your customers’ needs
- Demonstrate trustworthiness
- Bring your brand values to life
- Be human
- Listen intently
- Be mindful of tone, timing, and delivery
- Use appealing infographics, images, and videos